Skip to content
- Night Beach made the Inky’s longlist, along with Shift by Em Bailey, Brotherband 1: The Outcasts by John Flanagan, Act of Faith by Kelly Gardiner, Queen of the Night by Leanne Hall, Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart, Sea Hearts by Margo Lanagan, The Coming of the Whirlpool: Ship Kings 1 by Andrew McGahan, The Deep: Here Be Dragons, Volume 1 by Tom Taylor (illustrated by James Brouwer), and The Reluctant Hallelujah by Gabrielle Williams. Congratulations to all those excellent Aussie authors.
- I revealed The Books that Changed Me in the Sydney Morning Herald (under my nom de plume – Kirty).
- Talked at the Sydney Writers’ Festival on a panel with Margo Lanagan and Lucy Christopher. Megs from Literary Life and Mandee from VeganYANerds did great wrap ups from the session here and here. (In this, Mandee proves that she is a super spy with a photographic memory.)
- I blogged for a whole month (May to be precise) at Inside a Dog. Lots on how I write (or rather, how I avoid writing).
- There’s a guest post on Abbie from Night Beach up at Treasured Tales for Young Adults (thanks Alishia for having me).