Kirsty Eagar is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information and does not disclose this information to third parties unless it is necessary to do so for the primary purpose for which it was collected (for example, sending a newsletter through an email marketing service).
What kind of personal information may be collected and stored
The types of personal information that may be collected and held about you will depend on the nature of your interaction with her. She will only collect your personal information where it is reasonably necessary to pursue one or more of her functions or activities, or where she is required to collect the information by law.
When you use Kirsty Eagar’s Website or otherwise engage with her, she may collect details such as your:
· email address;
· age or date of birth;
· telephone number;
· organisation that you work for; or
· service or educational institution details.
· In the instance that personal information is required regarding a minor, for example to allow their participation in a writing workshop or online course, that information will not be accepted or stored unless provided by the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Consent from the minor’s parent or legal guardian will also be necessary in order to undertake the activities required to fulfil the engagement.
Collection of personal information
It is intended that this Website can be used anonymously. That said, for some functions, the collection of personal information is necessary or unavoidable.
Examples of where it may be necessary or unavoidable for Kirsty Eagar to collect your personal information via this Website or through a Linked Site (see ), email, phone or personal communication may include when you or another person:
· submit electronic forms via this Website
· purchase goods or services from this Website
· respond to an online survey which she may conduct on this Website
· provide any message or comment on this Website
· participate in any competition or challenge run on this Website
· click through to the Website from any email from Kirsty Eagar or
· subscribe to receive newsletters or other goods or services offered on this Website
Generally, you will know your personal information is being collected because you will be requested to provide it.
You can configure your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with the opportunity to either accept or reject it. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser or deleting all cookies from your computer.
Measuring the usage of our websites
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect data to track how visitors interact with this Website. This data includes the number of visits to the Website, the time and date of visits to the Website and its pages, where the user came from, what the user did on the site and whether the user has completed any transactions on the site such as newsletter registration.
When accessing Linked Sites from any hyperlink appearing on this website, it is recommended that you read any applicable privacy statement or policy applicable to that Linked Site.
Storage and security of your personal information
Reasonable steps are taken (including reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures) to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Unfortunately, no website, server or database is 100% secure. Therefore, absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
Does my data stay in Australia?
Kirsty Eagar will generally only send or disclose your personal information outside Australia when she sends it to service providers located overseas. Those service providers are generally required by contract to keep your personal information confidential and to use it only to provide services to you on her behalf.